We have copies of the official music soundtrack to the highly anticipated British comedy film Pride to give away to three lucky readers this week. ‘Pride: Music from and inspired by The Motion Picture’ is a 2CD collection of 80s pop and club classics.
Pride tells the true story of a group of gay and lesbian activists from London who form an unlikely alliance with the striking miners during the summer of 1984 in Thatcher’s England. The album soundtrack includes chart topping acts such as Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Culture Club, Wham, Queen, New Order, Fun Boy Three and Pet Shop Boys, re-creating the musical climate of a country enduring tumultuous political activism.
Pride, featuring an all-star British cast including Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton, Dominic West, Joseph Gilgun and Paddy Considine, is set in the summer of 1984 – Margaret Thatcher is in power and the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) is on strike. At the Gay Pride March in London, a group of gay and lesbian activists decides to raise money to support the families of the striking miners. However, as The The Union appear embarrassed to receive their support, the activists decide to ignore the Union and go direct to the miners. They identify a mining village in deepest Wales and set off in a mini bus to make their donation in person. And so begins the extraordinary story of two seemingly alien communities who form a surprising and ultimately triumphant partnership.
This 2 CD compilation album serves as the perfect soundtrack to the era, with smash hits and a mix of gay and pop anthems designed to transport listeners back to the heady days of 1984 – from Frankie Goes To Hollywood’s ‘Relax’, to New Order’s ‘Blue Monday’, Pet Shop Boys’ ‘West End Girls’ , Culture Club’s ‘Karma Chameleon’ and Queen’s ‘I Want To Break Free’, plus the UK Top Ten hit single ‘Why’ by Bronski Beat, who performed at the famous ‘Pits and Perverts’ fundraising concert at the end of 1984, marking a huge moment in this wonderful story.
To enter simply:
1) Follow @Pop_Scoop on Twitter.
2) Then Retweet:
— Pop Scoop! (@Pop_Scoop) September 30, 2014
3) You can also enter on Facebook for extra counts. Like our Facebook page and send us a message or write a comment on our page using the hashtag #PopScoopPride
T’s & C’s:
• The Prize is non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. There is no cash alternative. The prize is for person use and cannot be sold under any circumstances. Sale or attempted sale will be considered grounds for cancellation.
• There are THREE prizes (the “Prize”) of a 2 CD compilation of “Pride – Music from and inspired by The Motion Picture”
• The Closing Date of this competition is: Saturday 4th October at 10:00pm GMT.
• Winners will be announced shortly after.
• Winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entrants.
• The Prize Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
• Entrants must be at least 14 years of age at the time of entry for the Competition.
• This competition is open wordwide.