5 Seconds Of Summer are set to release their debut UK single, ‘She Looks So Perfect’ on March 23rd, signed and released through Capitol Records UK. Within hours of the pre-order going live it was Number 1 in the UK iTunes album chart (and 37 other countries), in the iTunes Top 10 in 46 countries and the single was Number 15 in the UK iTunes single chart, all before anyone had heard a single note.5SOS, as they are affectionately referred to by their ever burgeoning fanbase, first met in the schoolyard aged 16 in a small town in the Western Suburbs of Sydney, Australia. Luke (17), Mikey (18), Calum (18) and Ash (19) were brought together by a mutual love of pop-punk and the adrenaline-fuelled super-rock of turn of the millennium Americana.
They started posting videos on YouTube and within six months had amassed 50,000 Facebook fans, 100,000 Twitter Followers and more than 5 million YouTube views. The band re-located to London in September 2012 with one eye on world domination.
Fast forward eighteen months and, having spent 2013 touring the globe, the band have amassed a phenomenal combined 9 million + Twitter Followers, 1.5 million Facebook Likes and over 40 million YouTube views and they haven’t released a single yet.
Their opening shot, ‘She Looks So Perfect’ is a clue to the huge dimensions 5SOS plan to scale. Lyrically mischievous, bang in the moment and opening with a killer hook, it is an instant, one-listen smash.
With two SOLD OUT November nights at London’s KOKO to their name, Luke, Mikey, Calum and Ash will embark on an eight date, SOLD OUT national tour culminating with two massive shows at London’s Shepherd’s Bush Empire – a tour which sold out in less than five minutes. Expect nothing less than complete mayhem.
The band say, “We have the best fans in the world and we cant wait to kick off our UK tour and see as many of them as possible. London has become our second home and we love touring here!”
UK TOUR – SOLD OUT:
23 – ABC – Glasgow
24 – The Leadmill – Sheffield
25 – The Ritz – Manchester
27 – Waterfront – Norwich
28 – O2 Academy – Oxford
02 – Institute – Birmingham
03 – Shepherd’s Bush Empire – London
04 – Shepherd’s Bush Empire – London
– Facebook Likes are over 1.5 million
– 5SOS Twitter – 1.9 million Followers
– Personal accounts sitting between 1.3-1.7 million Followers each
– 5SOS YouTube Channel – 600k + subscribers
– Over 40 million YouTube hits
– The band Instagram account has just crossed 525k Followers
– Followers on the Tumblr page have also crossed 150k
– The band cite their influences to include Blink-182, All Time Low
– Key collaborations include; John Feldmann (All Time Low, Good Charlotte, Boys Like Girls), Jake Sinclair (Fall Out Boy, Pink), Steve Robson (Busted), Roy Stride and The Madden Brothers of Good Charlotte