Pop Scoop are giving you the chance to win two tickets to see Derby-based indie rockers The Struts at London’s Barfly on 6th or Sound Control Manchester on 7th February.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
And the winner of two tickets to see The Struts is….
An invigorating breath of fresh air on a stagnant rock scene, indie rockers The Struts release their future anthem-in-the-making Kiss This on 3rd February. A quintessentially English proposition, The Struts mix the flamboyance of Queen in their hard partying early 70’s pomp, with the supercharged wit and youthful energy of Supergrass or The Libertines. A band who proudly stand apart from the crowd and steadfastly refuse to chase the latest trends and fads, The Struts aren’t afraid to plough their own furrow and have the tunes to back it up. They’ve built their loyal fan base through fanatical word of mouth, blistering live shows and monstrous hooks that steadfastly refuse to leave your brain.
With stadiums, and superstardom, in their sites, The Struts new single Kiss This (3rd February Virgin EMI) is a defiant, barbed anthem that’s destined to work it’s way into your consciousness and not let go. Aimed at a cheating ex-girlfriend, it effortlessly combines monstrous riffs, a towering chorus and Stones-esque swagger into 3 minutes of pure rock ‘n’ roll bliss.
In Luke Spiller The Struts are blessed with a frontman who, in his own words states ‘I was born to do this. And I’ll die doing it.’ Outspoken and unstoppable, his presence, style and vocals are reminiscent of legendary performers such as Mick Jagger, Freddie Mercury and Steven Tyler. The one time cleaner and son of a born-again Christian considered throwing in the towel on his dream until he was introduced to guitarist Adam Slack in 2009. Adam may have been living in Derby, but Luke uprooted himself on the spot. The pair spent a year writing songs before recruiting Jed Elliott and Gethin Davies to complete the line-up.
The band recently gained recognition with their instantly addictive track ‘I Just Know’ which featured on a TV Denim campaign. The trailer led to a chance meeting with cult British shoe designers Jeffery West and an immediate bond was forged over a mutual love of Queen and AC/DC. Guy West didn’t need any prompting to invite his kindred spirits The Struts to film the video for their anthemic single Could Have Been Me in his appropriately eccentric English country pile.
A combination of much-missed old-fashioned showmanship, stadium sized tunes and dazzling musicianship, The Struts are here to inject a rich shot of colour into UK guitar music’s currently grey landscape.
The Struts debut album is due for release in Spring 2014.
The Struts play the following live dates: –
London Barfly 6th February
Manchester Sound Control 7th February
To enter simply:
1) Follow @Pop_Scoop on twitter.
2) Then Retweet:
I followed @pop_scoop to be in with a chance to WIN a pair of tickets to see @TheStruts #StrutsScoop
T’s & C’s:
• The Prize is non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. There is no cash alternative. All tickets are for person use and cannot be sold under any circumstances. Sale or attempted sale will be considered grounds for cancellation.
• There is one prize (the “Prize”) on offer consisting of a pair of tickets to see The Struts at London’s Barfly on 6th or Sound Control Manchester on 7th February.
• The Closing Date of this competition is: 10:00pm, Wednesday 4th February 2014.
• Winner will be announced shortly after.
• Winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entrants.
• The Prize Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
• Entrants must be at least 14 years of age at the time of entry for the Competition.
• This competition is open Worldwide. No transport included.
• Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Draw Date or any subsequent draw either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s discretion.